View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #22
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Did you find when you book that deals are coming and going all the time? Is it better to lock it in as far in advance as you can? Or thematically roll the dice to see what last minute deals may pop up? Like right now the flights home from Saskatoon really suck, nothing is direct and won't ever be, but 15 hour travel days are brutal for a 4 day trip.
I've read sites that said something about 2-3 months or so out is a pretty good time to find solid deals, but I guess it depends on how many people you're travelling with.......if you're going solo or with just one other person it's a lot easier to hold out a long time. This time going to Vegas we're going with a large group so we couldn't really wait until the last minute as we all are going on the same day and staying at the same hotel.

I can say this time booking with Expedia that about 4 months ago there were some good prices and I held off hoping for better prices. I was checking pretty much daily and one day the prices jumped up quite a bit and I was ticked off I didn't book earlier. A few days or week later they came down again and we decided to book it. Soon after the prices jumped up again and never really came down at all again, so I was happy with our price. But that's just my experience this time around, I'm sure there are others who have found differently.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post: