View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 01:09 AM   #19
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I'll just save myself aggravation by paying whatever the pump price is, but the bullcrap doesn't escape me. When Rona and Home Depot and Loews can have sales on 2x4s, but no gas station in history can ever have a sale on gas, it looks like collusion. I'm not asking for a "sale", I'm just saying that when one place raises the price, they all do. What do you call that? And what do you call that when half of them bought their supply three days ago for a lower price, but they still jump in on the price increase?

I know where this is going, though. The other half of it is that gas stations don't make money on gas, they make money on confectioneries. I guess I don't know what the solution is, except that I will buy an electric 4x4, once one is available, feasible, and reasonable.
Costco gas is most always the cheapest gas in Calgary. They might raise their prices with others but on average it's still cheaper. That being said it does make me wonder how they can sell their gas at a cheaper rate while still paying the same rate as others from the refinery. Is it based on volume of sales or that other retailers are just greedy.