View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #460
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Thanks for the feedback CG... that really is quite encouraging on many levels. Geologists tend to be the canary of the coal mine as it were for O&G development, production, and from the wellhead. Super encouraging that multiple companies were looking too.

Sensitive topic however any comment on the compensation type, range, STI and LTI, etc... versus what we've seen the last couple years and/or compared to your expectations?
You have to remember that I moved out of O&G to start a new career for the future. I went into Data Analytics and I'm starting at the bottom in a junior role. These types of roles along with anything related to machine learning are pretty hot right now.

In terms of compensation they offered about 10% more than what I was expecting as a floor and it is marginally more than what my starting salary was as a Geologist 15 years ago. I expect that salary progression should be pretty decent and steady and I anticipate that opportunities will be plentiful as I establish some experience in the field
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: