Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #3483
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Would be interested to see how (overall) golf courses faired this season compared to a typical season. Tee sheets seemed to be packed solid so revenue was up (minus tournaments). But how much extra did the Covid protocols cost (sanitization etc.) and I saw a lot of courses not running a beverage cart too. I wonder how it all worked out in the end.

Two other thoughts I have had:

1. how did you feel about many of the Covid adjustments? no raking bunkers, flag sticks stay in hole etc. The flag stick thing was pretty much a non event for me, I didn't really miss not being able to remove it when putting. Does that speed up pace of play?

2. given all the trepidation when courses opened, were there any documented Covid cases traced back to golf courses? I don't recall hearing of any. Good news if that is truly the case. The year end email summary from one of the courses I have played in BC mentioned they had exactly zero reported/observed issues of people not following protocols. Overall I think people were pretty good about playing by the rules this year (not golf rules!)
I love the Covid rules. I think for the average guy, playing a normal round they were great. Not having to rake traps is a bonus, and really doesn’t affect people (with the free lift). I like the flag staying in. I think the best rounds this year were when we were spaced 10 minutes apart, and things were a lot faster.

And I can’t say for sure, but I would be stunned if there were any cases as a result of golf. Truthfully, the odds that someone rakes a bunker with Covid and half an hour later I touch the rake and get infected has to be incredibly small. But who cares; I prefer not to rake, and I’m just glad “they” came to their senses and allowed courses to open.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: