View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 02:08 PM   #2837
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I'm not big on the old 2D games, to be honest. Even Super Metroid which everybody loves I've never got further than a couple hours in. Way too much "trial and error" type exploration in all of them which I find frustrating more than anything. Even Fusion which basically loves telling you where to go will purposely stonewall you with paths you have no idea or indication to advance from, only finding it when you shoot and bomb everything in every room. Just kind of lazy design.

I love the Prime games though, and found Dread to be totally fantastic (while not having any of the frustrations from the older games I mentioned above).

If you ask me, Dread and Prime Remastered are easily the two best games in the series.
Oh wow, now we have to fight! I agree on Fusion, I don't get the love for that game. It lacks all the exploration and discovery of the previous ones. Part of the joy of Super Metroid was the discovery and exploration. If you want linear games where something lights up for what to do next, I can see not enjoying it. I find those dull.

I found Dread to be one of the worst games in the series. Forgettable similar music and locations, the sneaky aspect was done way better in Zero Mission, the bosses sucked, I dunno, most of it was not enjoyable. I have never had a desire to replay it. Prime is awesome though.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote