View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 09:44 AM   #10
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
2/3 is almost 2 bullion dollars. One thing to think about is that the big office from international films is now dramatically higher than it was a dozen years ago

3d movies are generally awful, but Avatar was a different experience. They built environments that worked with the 3d, as opposed to just having a regular movie that occasionally throws a 3d object at you.
I get that, and was the reason I saw the first. I liked the first one ok, but other than the visuals, it just wasn't that memorable. The thought of sitting through a 3+ hour movie in uncomfortable glasses is not very appealing. I don't know how many potential movie going couples have both people willing to see a 3 hour movie in 3d glasses now that everyone has experienced them and mostly grown to hat them over the years.

I am more curious of how HFR looks. I just don't know that my brain can accept that the smooth motion looks good, when I have to leave the room if someone has their TV with the true motion settings on. But maybe it looks good, if done right?
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote