View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 10:00 AM   #69
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

1. Goalie wins do not matter. Dumb way to judge a player's quality.

2. Cups matter but not that much. Again, that's a team stat.

3. If you're one of the top 3 players at the most important position I'm the sport over a 10+ year stretch you should be in the hall. This is a dumb argument. Lundqvist will be in next for the same exact reason and no one should even raise an eyebrow.

4. The only mistake here was Alfredsson instead of Mogilny and it's not like it's a travesty. They're both kind of borderline.

5. The HHOF should do a year where they just induct 4 goalies and reset the standard a bit.

I mean I just looked at goalie stats for the past 20 seasons. Luongo played more games than anyone, and has a .919 save percentage. The only guy to achieve that sv% in that period to play even HALF as many games is Tuuka Rask, and he should probably get in eventually too... Oh, and Luongo has been retired for three of those seasons.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 06-30-2022 at 10:04 AM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote