View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
My gaming rig is 7+ years old.

Has worked like a charm all these years, until last year it would randomly just shut off. Didn't matter the application, it would just shut off. Tried a few things and ultimately changed the PSU and had no problems since.

Fast forward to a week or two ago, and I get the Blue Screen of Death, and an error code "Memory_Management". Computer restarts, and works fine for anywhere between 20 mins to 12 hours.

Googled some fixes and it says go to safe mode and uninstall your antivirus. I didn't do safemode but I uninstalled my anti-virus and it's still happening.

There's no rhyme or reason to when I get the BSOD, but I sense it mostly happens when I'm on browser.

Any hints would be helpful. I was hoping to delay building a new one until the summer when crap calms down with the new GPUs but alas.

*Sad 750Ti noises*
Not a proper fix, but a more practical approach.

I don't know if it's a good idea to suggest this... but use a registry cleaner? (ie: CCleaner).

If that doesn't work, when was your windows 10 installed? The OS could be full of messed up legacy code and other stuff. I wonder if nabbing yourself a cheap 250 or 500 GB SSD and then doing a fresh install (You could try and grab a windows 7 or 8 code, install that and then upgrade to windows 10 for free) and see if the rig is stable. It would probably take you an entire day to install, get drivers, download updates, upgrade, fresh reinstall programs, tweak.

You could reset your current drive, but I wouldn't suggest that, because if the issues persist, then it's all for nothing because a new drive and fresh install getting the same error would mean it's a hardware issue.

Many browsers allow you to sync passwords etc., so in theory you could seamlessly hop onto a fresh install without too many issues and just browse the internet in general after logging in while you wait on updates and installations to complete.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: