View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #57
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Not a bad idea but converting vacant space to "co-working" space is very trendy right now and I think our market is hitting critical mass. Nearly every major Landlord (Oxford, Strategic, Brookfield, Aspen etc.) have converted vacant floors into co-working spaces. A lot of Oil & Gas firms will lease out their excess space on an office by office basis. Initially it was a great idea to earn income on space that was going to sit vacant for a long time anyway but now there are so many opening up that the demand is starting to diminish.

Traditional business centre business like Regus have dropped their prices in response and it will likely be a race to the bottom from there.
Yeah but the Horizon Mall location wouldn't cater to the downtown crowd; it also could offer amenities the other spaces just don't have, as well as free parking which is basically impossible downtown during business hours. Plus if people knew they didn't have to commute in is reason enough for some people to consider it.

You could even do half of the building as co-working spaces, and the other half as a gym or something.

Of course I'm just an armchair developer with unlimited amounts of funds and I own the whole structure, so my approach probably isn't realistic.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote