View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #1262
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I went to vegas over the holidays. I would recommend Eataly, it opened the day we were there though so the lineup was 2+ hours (most didnt know you could make a reservation at the restaurant in there). Great food there.

The new NFL stadium is currently being built just south of Mandalay Bay, and I did a helicopter tour so got to see a good view of that.

The Park MGM hotel seemed really nice and was very central, especially if you're going to a Knights game. There are quite a few places near there to grab a beer/dinner before the game. In T-Mobile beers are $16 USD each

Some of the hotels were advertising a buffet pass where you pay something like $100 and you get unlimited access to a select number of buffets within 24 hours
We did the Buffet of Buffet pass with Caesar's in December. With the exception of Bucchanal at Caesar's Palace the buffets are garbage. It was $95 or so but that included a $25 or $30 upgrade fee to go to Bucchanal. We also checked out Rio when we saw Penn and Teller and Paris for breakfast the next morning. The Rio buffet was awful. I found that almost everything was inedible. The Paris breakfast was quite good but the lineup for things like crepes and omelettes were really long. The Caesar's buffet is really the only one worth going to at CET properties. I've heard good things about the Bally's sunday brunch, Champagne Brunch or whatever, but at $100 it is pretty pricey.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote