View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #2725
TheSquatch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Yeah being the best player in the playoffs, point per game even, didn’t warrant any kind of look.

You do know Mangiapane is a bottom six player right now, right?

Mangiapane is on a 9 game streak with zero points on the second line.
Bennett got 7 minutes with Johnny and Monny one day. A long time ago.

You know that when Lindholm agreed to play Center, they agreed to give him a dozen games. Tell me again about the great opportunities Bennett has gotten

I know, I know. Bennett takes lazy penalties, often stick infractions like that trip against Toronto.

Great insight
I've thought Mangiapane was a driving force in the last few games I've seen, I did not see the Toronto game, but I'm at the point where I consider Mangiapane and Dube as more valuable to the team moving forward than Bennett. Not the Bennett we hope for, but the Bennett that is - the guy who coughs up the puck pretty often with dumb passes, and who still thinks that the toe-drag is gonna work, I mean, it's gotta work eventually, right? That's Bennett. He's a big strong kid with no vision and a penchant for trying to do too much at the wrong time in both zones. The Bennett we want is a big strong bashing crashing net presence with a nice touch on the puck, but.... that just ain't him. Wish it was. We all wish it was. Has Backlund had opportunities or not? Can we agree that Backlund has a good wrist shot but basically no "touch" on the puck? Or does he need another season or two to really show it?
TheSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote