View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:24 PM   #128
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think if there's only 1 guy traded, then the Flames would have to trade Monahan.

I really like Monahan. He gets more flack than he deserves on here. He's got a hell of a shot and knack for drifting away from defenders into the slot. You can tell he's a character guy who cares a lot. However, he's in an awkward spot where he doesn't seem good enough to truly be a #1 center on a contender and the Flames don't have the depth, or maybe the right mix of players in their middle 6 to properly utilize his strengths in a lesser role.

Add in the fact that the Flames are struggling to consistently bring pace and energy, and how Sean Monahan kinda just has a boring, almost lethargic style of game and I think you got a recipe for a guy who needs a change of scenery and will probably thrive elsewhere, as he has for so many years here in Calgary.

For all of Gaudreau's faults, he's still an elite player. He may not be a McDavid or a Crosby, but he's still an elite offensive game-changer in this league. I like the look of the Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk and I think it could be a very effective top line for this team next season if they choose to go that route.

I think the Flames are only really forced to move Gaudreau this offseason if they look to extend Johnny and he says he doesn't want to, or he's looking for something outrageous like 8x10.

Last edited by Super-Rye; 05-03-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Super-Rye is offline   Reply With Quote