View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 05:30 AM   #638
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Considering that wasn't our first team, that was an impressive and promising performance. The way in which the squad players comfortably slotted in and confidently played the same 'build from the back' style we've seen was so impressive. It exhibits the identity that Tommy has imprinted on this team and, likely, club. I found quite a few people saying the use of a lot of former Foothills FC players would provide a temporary boost while other teams started to gel. However, I think this is an underestimation of the Foothills identity Tommy created at Foothills and now provides a solid base for Cavalry. As he's made considerate additions of skill that match our style, mindset and ethos, he's brought a functioning and winning culture to the club. That places us miles ahead the other clubs who are essentially franchises just getting started. Ironically, I think we have the advantage a lot though Forge would have with their Sigma base. #UpTheCavs
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addick For This Useful Post: