View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:03 AM   #17
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesaver View Post
Think about the Caps and how many embarrasing losses to Pens in round 2 they had to endure. They never blew the core, Backstrom, Ovie, Holtby, Carlson... Sometimes you need to learn to lose before you can win.
The Caps made the playoffs every year and made the 2nd round every year while having great regular seasons. They kept losing to a team with 2 generational talents and i think lots of people saw that if they got over the hump if they beat the Penguins which is exactly what happened.

I dont see how that is comparable to a team that has won its division once and lost in 5 games to a team that wouldnt make the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years with their point totals. And our core missed how many playoffs earlier? Comparing us to Washington is dumb they have been a consistant team every year that took the Penguins to the brink everytime. I cant stress enough how bad our loss this year was, we lost in 5 games with home ice advantage to the freaking 90 point Avs. This is in no way comparable to taking Crosby and Malkin to 7 games every year while winning rounds and having great regular seasons.

This team has the pieces in place but no #1 Centre and wont be successful until it does. We dont have the luxury of "learning to lose" since all we have been doing is lose in 4 or 5 games any of the last 3 times we faced actual nhl teams (if we even made the playoffs). Sorry for the rant but its frustrating seeing people compare us to freaking washington. They had more playoff series wins in 4 years (excluding their cup winning year) than we had in 30. This team is never going anywhere with Monahan as our #1C. Rest of our pieces however i agree i think they are fine but we are missing something crucial.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flamesforcup For This Useful Post: