View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #3044
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Well, clearly the coach didn’t think so. I thought Mangiapane-Monahan-Dube looked good for one game, the first game they were united, after that, they’ve looked very underwhelming any time I’ve seen them line up together. It’s probably the same reason Monahan has seen so many different wingers over the last 10 games, he can’t find chemistry with anyone other than #13. I think at one point I even Lucic-Monahan combination. If he was playing well, Darryl wouldn’t be moving him from line to line.

In regards to salary, in my opinion, I think Monahan is over paid, especially on this team. Simple as that. He makes a few hundred thousand less than Gaudreau, so there’s a certain level of execution and production that should be expected from him and he hasn’t come close to hitting it. I mean he’s basically paid to score goals and that’s it, because he’s not a shut down guy, he’s not a pass first guy and he’s not a physical guy. So if he’s not scoring, then what else does he do? If he was on pace for a 30 goal type season instead of a 17 goal season (82 games), then the Flames might still be in playoff contention rather than in off-season mode.
Monahan is overpaid right now. But if so, so are most centres making his money. My point is that using bargains like Scheifele or Barkov or Mackinnon isn’t that fair. Those guys should be making way more than they do.

You’re right, Monahan, Mangiapane and Dube looked great in the first game. But they only had one other that I can recall. Then Sutter moved Dube (who he’s had a short leash for all season). Since then it’s been Ritchie all the time. The only other change was when he put Gaudreau back for a game and a half.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: