View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #37
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Seems to me that all teams should have had the same food and hotel arrangements but at the end of the day this sounds like a house league tourney where the rich teams stayed in the nice hotels and the poor teams brought their own food and where four guys to a room

I was a little bit surprised to read that gummy edibles were available

To me the only way you put an asterisk on the winner is if a team that that would not have normally qualified for the playoffs got in and won and even then.

Certainly the lack of travel makes this easier, but can you imagine going away for work for two or so months without having access to a lot of things that make up normal life like getting outside, sleeping in your own bed and inter-personal relationships. In a lot of ways this is a real grind
Don’t teams make their individual travel arrangements anyway? In other words, in normal POs, the Flames book their own hotels and therefore control the “niceness” of the accommodation. As far as I could tell the constraint at the beginning was that the best hotels were full and some teams got stuck with a second rate one (and then they moved after the first round).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote