View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #35
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I have no horse in this race.

I don't have tickets to sell, and I don't live in or can travel to Calgary, so I have no need to buy them either.

On the one hand, I like the idea that this place is for Flames fans, and we support each other. For the most part, you're not selling tickets to John Doe, but a poster with a history of support. Selling at face value is a way to ensure the ticket is going to someone that will appreciate it as much as it is getting rid of the ticket you cannot use.

On the other hand, I have no issue with selling tickets at market value. Through the avenue of CP there are no fees, currency exchange rates, or additional taxes. Meaning a $500 ticket here is a better value than a $500 ticket on a reselling site.

I honestly don't know where I fall, but perhaps face value be a regular season rule, and playoffs allow for market value?

I don't know how to enforce this, but if the site does opt for allowing market value selling, perhaps a small fee/payment to the site to pay for site maintence, upgrades, hosting fees, etc, could be implemented.

*Note I've been typing this on my phone, in the car, in between driving the fam from store to store, I hope its coherent.
if you start adding fees here, then what's the point?

has to be kept simple. either "face value" or let the market decide.

no extra rules depending on the game or time of year.

the bonus would be knowing you're likely selling to a flames fan and the ticketmaster/stubhub people are not getting their huge gouge.
the buyer is still saving money. if I paid $150 for a $100 ticket, at least there isn't another $50 or more in service fees added to it.

I bet there are more than a few people who want it to remain face value that have had no problem for the past few years not caring if the STH is losing money, and snapping up cheap tickets. give the STH a chance to make up for all those times.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post: