View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #28
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I have no horse in this race.

I don't have tickets to sell, and I don't live in or can travel to Calgary, so I have no need to buy them either.

On the one hand, I like the idea that this place is for Flames fans, and we support each other. For the most part, you're not selling tickets to John Doe, but a poster with a history of support. Selling at face value is a way to ensure the ticket is going to someone that will appreciate it as much as it is getting rid of the ticket you cannot use.

On the other hand, I have no issue with selling tickets at market value. Through the avenue of CP there are no fees, currency exchange rates, or additional taxes. Meaning a $500 ticket here is a better value than a $500 ticket on a reselling site.

I honestly don't know where I fall, but perhaps face value be a regular season rule, and playoffs allow for market value?

I don't know how to enforce this, but if the site does opt for allowing market value selling, perhaps a small fee/payment to the site to pay for site maintence, upgrades, hosting fees, etc, could be implemented.

*Note I've been typing this on my phone, in the car, in between driving the fam from store to store, I hope its coherent.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote