View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 10:21 AM   #50
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I should be getting 150 mbs on WIFI? I always thought that was with a direct connection. I can get around 100mbs on WIFI in close proximity to the modem, but generally only 80 mbs on another floor in the house.
Not with an iPhone 6. I had this "issue" when I had 150 installed as well. It turns out the iPhone 6 supposedly doesn't have enough processing capability and proper wifi hardware to sustain the high speeds. A phone with a better processor can better take advantage of the higher speeds. I am also assuming the routers are not bottle necks as class N should be easily able to put out the proper speeds and has been around for a while.

I wrote a post about it in the Shaw thread once upon a time, but I can't find it. I think my iphone 6 would give me between 70-105 mbs. My wife's 6S was around 110-130 mbs. I replaced my iPhone due to me needing more storage and I think my iPhone 7 does around 130-165 mbs on average depending to my proximity to the routers. Choosing 2.4 GHz over 5.0 GHz will also give you a slower speed of course, but I am assuming you're testing over 5.0GHz.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote