View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #32
lorenavedon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I was saying if I seriously lowballed some nervous buyers. To me it's a dick move taking advantage of people in dire straits.

I think it's unavoidable and that I shouldn't feel bad for the actions of the market, but I still do.
a lot of people are dicks for overpricing so making a lowball offer is not necessarily a dick move. If someone bought their home for 600k a year ago and is asking 800k for it today, then you offer $650k, who's the dick? If anything, homes should be cheaper because the economy at the present time is far worse than it was a year ago.

I don't feel bad for anybody selling a home now and getting lowballed because most people are asking way more than their homes are worth today. That's why sales are so low this year because buyers are not stupid and sellers are insane.

If Calgary home prices drop even %30 I wouldn't consider that a crash. %30 is needed to bring prices back to "normal". %50 would be a deal, %60-%70 would be a crash. If you look at a chart going back 40 years and draw an average line, average house price in Calgary should be no more than $275-$300k.