View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #122
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
Hall is a good player but not a great player, he needs other players and isn't good enought to do it all himself. Unfortunately he still seems to think he is one of the great players and gets himself into trouble trying to do to much himself, where as when he uses the players around him he makes good plays, like the pass on their first goal.
I can't say I agree with this take.. Hall has by all accounts has had a terrible season to date, and quite frankly was piss poor last night but it is quite clear that the relationship between himself and the Devils organization and fanbase has soured. I can't blame the guy for wanting to be put into a better position. 10 straight years of playing on bottom feeders / non competitive teams has to take a toll on a player - and moving to a contender may just be what he needs to get back to his A+ game.

He is an elite player, and he is certainly good enough to get things done by himself. Taylor Hall has a Hart Trophy for a reason and carried the Devils to a playoff birth just two seasons ago.

He can at times play extremely selfishly - I 100% agree, and that is a concern but that may also be in large part to having very little support.

I wouldn't go out of my way to trade huge assets for the player myself at this point, but I would certainly take a look at possibly adding him via free agency if he were so keen on taking a "hometown discount".
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighLifeMan For This Useful Post: