View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #29
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworkhard View Post
I found the opposite. I've used both extensively, own both, and for me the total package of the newest androids is far superior to the iphone. With the apps I use, the i-os devices are laggy and my email, music, and itunes apps are always crashing and resetting. The only app I've seen crash on my sgs3 so far (2 months) is tapatalk, but the latest version fixed that too. However even if stability was comparable for me, widgets, better notifications, better multitasking, and greater customizability on android are always getting me to put down my ipad and iphone down in favour of my sgs3.
Maybe I got a lemon; my apps would be constantly freezing, the internet was sporadic in its effectiveness (not to mention the browser itself was nigh useless for reading large blocks of text). The only thing that I could definitively identify as superior was the Android facebook app; I'm not sure why, but on 3G, iOS Facebook never works properly.

Ultimately, they're just phones. But having the iTunes store on the phone, not having to lift a finger to sync my music to the device, and everything 'being where it's supposed to be' on an iPhone have convinced me that it's worth another contract or two before I re-visit whether or not Android functions the way I want it to.