Thread: Skiing 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #64
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey JonDuke,
I manage Sports Rent in town along with Fleuryisgod. (I don't know if this kind of post is ok or not)

We do a season Junior ski package of Skis and boots for $170. You can keep the gear until End of May and then return it.
Just another option for you.

The University of Calgary Outdoor centre also has this option. I don't know the price off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
I did a search on here and this looks like the best place to ask.

I have a 9 and 7 year old who just finished their first skiing lessons at COP and fell in love with it. I have never skied in my life and know nothing about this world and have a few questions:

Where can I get them good but cheap, used gear? We'd need everything except the helmet and goggles, which were bought before lessons. I had one friend tell me about a Sportchek trade in system. I've also heard ?Max Bell? had a big sale sometime. What's my best option and when?

Also...my son is a 120 for ski size (I'm guessing that's cms, right?)
Is there any point in me buying that size right now for the rest of this year or would/could he most likely need a bigger size by next year?

COP works well, because we're in the NW and they have a 2 day sale for the remainder of the year. Any other advice on when the best time to buy passes for next year (COP and some off the closer mountains) would be greatly appreciated.

I really am clueless to all of this. Other than swimming, both kids havent shown much interest in any sport but clearly took well to the lessons and fell in love with it. I'd like to pursue this quickly but wanna know the best and cheapest ways to do it,

Where does one start?

Last edited by slots881; 02-18-2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Wrong price
slots881 is offline   Reply With Quote