View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'd rearrange things a bit as I feel your lineup is stacked too much the way GG had it.

Tkachuk-Monahan-Bennett
Gaudreau-Jankowski-Ferland

That gives us two interchangeable scoring lines. If a top end RW was acquired you can bump one of Ferland/Bennett down to the 3rd line.

Frolik-Backlund-Lazar

I think that's a pretty elite checking line. I think Lazar might be able to evolve into a solid 3rd line player.

????-Shore-Brouwer/Hathaway

I think you could deal Brodie or Hamilton for another scoring threat. If you deal Brodie and Valimaki is ready then you might be able to go with

Gio-Hamilton
Kulak-Hamonic
Valimaki-Stone

If you deal Hamilton then I think you can go with

Gio-Hamonic
Brodie-Stone
Kulak-Andersson

Smith
Rittich

Much like you I'd love Tavares or ROR. The UFAs besides Tavares aren't overwhelming as you'd probably have to overpay. Some minor interest in Kane, JVR, Bailey, Hornqvist, Neal but overpaying for any of them isn't attractive. Trade might be the better route.

Go hard after Tavares. Or see if anybody is willing to pay huge on Brodie/Hamilton. I'd trade Brodie ahead of Hamilton if anybody give us a nice offer for TJ. Hamilton could be dealt but only for a crazy offer IMO.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: