Thread: [Game Takes] Oilers 1 Flames 0
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #8
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Andersson looked great out there again all things considered. That tape-to-tape pass from blue line to blue line was a thing of cross-rink beauty.

Rittich looked great. Disappointing the Flames couldn't score and reward another solid outing of his.

Johnny was trying everything, but everyone was a step behind where they needed to be.

They didn't do much to tilt the rink in their favour, but the officiating was atrocious.

I still don't get the Unsportsmanlike Peluso got, and even less so after Nurse ran his mouth about a penalty not long after. Was it the fight itself? That was instigating, and as you pointed out Bingo, was a direct response to a questionably late hit

I didn't know we called hits to the head a penalty as well. It was definitely a penalty as that could have been ugly... but it's pretty tough to swallow when we're out Backlund and there was absolutely no call. I like the call, but I don't like how little we've seen it called.

We also have Lomberg RN out for a much more docile response than Kassian on Tkachuk last game that was 100% fine.

The no-goal was garbage. I agree that the goalie was interfered with, but it didn't happen without defensive influence. You can't allow players to push the offense into the goalie and then call the goal back. You also better be damn consistent (spoiler: they aren't) and call every contact between the player and goalie if you're going to call it.

This league's officiating is a mess, and this isn't hard. Fix officiating and make the game fun to watch again. Last night was a great example IMO, but I'm looking at the season as a whole and it's pretty brutal.

I just don't get how the NHL is ok with how inconsistent the plays are, how many head injuries keep popping up and how no-one knows what is a suspension, and what is a 'clean hit'. We can all see it, every fan is shouting the obvious answers... but does the NHL think they're doing this right?
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post: