View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #100
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You've obviously seen him more than I have but (and I've mentioned this before) I only ever see Baertschi when I look at Pirri.

Similar, and I would imagine equally frustrating. I don't really see a player worth investing in.

Confirm? Deny?
Deny to a degree. He can be an extremely effective player in the offensive zone, especially on the power play. He can be inconsistent in terms of his ability to effectively back check and take care of his own zone, hence why I mentioned putting him with a very responsible center (maybe Backlund would be better). However, he's very quick and can finish a play that few others can. The Flames have very few pure goal scorers in their mix, so Pirri would be valuable as long as you're not expecting him to be Michael Frolik (a balanced player). The one thing about him that frustrates me more than anything is that he's very selfish, and he shoots at the smallest opportunity. Now, considering his skill set, that makes sense to a degree, but he could be such a good player if he figured out how to see a play unfold a little more and have enough patience to pass it off to another player. If he developed that ability, he'd be a very good top 6 winger. As he is now, he's not consistent enough to be in the top 6 on a regular basis.

So, similar to Baertschi, but different, and he's a sniper instead of being a playmaker. However, when Pirri wants to be effective, he's extremely effective.