View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #58
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I think the film was good, but not great. I think the non-stop pace was a little too much and they could have slowed things down in the middle to build tension and fill in some plot points. And as mentioned in my previous post, my biggest complaint is that the villains were not be nearly intimidating, powerful, or skillful enough. The secret weapon against Captain Phasma is quietly sneaking up on her from behind? Serious?
I thought the villians were well done, as they were building the characters for future films, while also showing some weaknesses.

More about the power of the First Order as a whole instead of the individuals.

We still don't truly know about Snoke and how powerful he really is (which I liked having some suspense for the next movie). I do believe we will find out he is a past character, maybe even turned Jedi, you can see that it looks like he had a previous lightsabre cut on his head.

General Hux is a charismatic leader who has a take no prisoners approach, you can tell he is jealous of Kylo Ren's position as Snoke's apprentice.

Kylo Ren is powerful but has yet to truly harness his anger to fully take advantage of the dark side. His internal battle with the light side actually works to help limit his powers, and his weakness when battling Rey can be attributed to previous injuries. Additionally his drive to be like his Grandfather clouds his judgement and makes poor decisions.

As for Captain Phasma, I think the hype around how cool she looked as made us overpower her. Really she is still just a chrome stormtrooper, and stormtroopers have always been useless. I actually kind of feel like she is Boba Fett, a character who looked cool but in the end was pretty useless and was defeated by a blind guy spinning around with a staff leading to his jet pack flying him into a wall.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 12-18-2015 at 08:46 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote