View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #56
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Seriously guys? We have become way to critical in this day and age.
:P

I actually agree with a lot of the above, but I don't care. I don't know how they could have made it perfect and maybe I'm just glad that the minor things being pointed out are the extent of the 'bad'. After the prequels this movie felt like Gone with the Wind!.
Pretty simple counter to this- I don't think anyone is forcing themselves to find weak spots in the movie. In fact, you would be expect the exact opposite to happen with a Star Wars film- The majority of people certainly seemed to initially overlook the weaknesses of The Phantom Menace, so I think it is good that a lot of fans of immediately pointing out the things they liked and the things that were a little "meh". It is probably because of the prequels that many people are now being blunt and honest with their initial reaction.

I think the film was good, but not great. I think the non-stop pace was a little too much and they could have slowed things down in the middle to build tension and fill in some plot points. And as mentioned in my previous post, my biggest complaint is that the villains were not be nearly intimidating, powerful, or skillful enough. The secret weapon against Captain Phasma is quietly sneaking up on her from behind? Serious?

Anyway, plenty of praise for the film as well- love the mystery surrounding Luke and the lore that has built up around him. I really like how the story left off as well. The 3 new main heros are awesome and very likable. Sure it would be great to know a little bit more back story, but everyone knows this is a trilogy and we will get answers later.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 12-18-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: