View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #2763
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
Wow!

I was at home with the wife and the kids! Well apparently for some that is not a good reason. Not saying you said that but I have heard it before.

You have a superstar employee and you would fire him or her for missing a Christmas party?

Maybe the day before was a 14 hour work day. Spent 3 hours driving to and from work. Suppose to get 8 hours sleep a night. That is 25 hours in a 24 hour day. Not to mention shopping for a few hours for family needs.

I miss the Christmas party to be home with the family and you want to fire me?

Maybe I would just prefer to spend the 3 or 4 hours a Christmas party would take to be with my family. Before I have to do the same thing tomorrow.

Your example was terrible! It was awful, are you human?

Back to hockey! Hamilton was traded and there were issues there.

I am willing to bet missing a Christmas party was not one of them.

For all I know he attended the Christmas party. Maybe his secret santa gift was so wrong!

I am happy we made the trade!

P.S. Want me at next years Christmas Party pay me to attend. I only work with you people because it is a job. I love my family much more than any of you. Some I like lot, your not my family.

If this is antisocial, Damn I am living a dream!
Your example is terrible.
Dougie was not "fired" he was moved. It wasn't allegedly a single Christmas party, but multiple company functions.

A better parallel would be you have a superstar employee who was transferred out in favor of another younger and potentially equally gifted employee who who also gets along better with everyone.

Edit - and I like the trade too. Just picking on your example. Hope it wasn't too antagonistic.
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote