View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #2242
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Well then the refs aren't doing their jobs. You run a guy from that far away, hit him square in the numbers into the boards that should be 5 and a game, all day every day. I don't care if it's Sam or not, 2 minutes for that kind of hit is a joke.
You should've seen the stuff that got 0 minutes in that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Dumb penalties, pushing the goalie into the net and then getting mad when the goal is called off are classic SB IMO

Not necessarily offensive zone penalties

He has had some borderline hits but nothing this bad, I wouldn't say he is dirty but this hit obviously was. Probably one of the worst hits of the season if we are being honest.

Sam better hope his team pulls it off without him or the legend of playoff Sam Bennett could be ending soon. Game two is basically their season IMO
Did he throw a tantrum after the goal got waved off or something? He didn't push Vasilevskiy into the net, he pushed him laterally about 6 inches. The right call was made, but if the call on the ice was a goal, I'm not 100% sure it gets overturned. He didn't do anything ridiculous.

Yes, it was a bad hit, just like the several others that also earned suspensions (and several more that should have, but didn't). I doubt it's in the top 3 this year, though (though I can't recall any of the top of my head).
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote