View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #19
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I'm all for bringing out the pitch forks for Reed. But I really am having a hard time seeing how he did anything wrong. I can't see how Rory's was ok, but Reed was cheating. Rory's situation pretty much shows that this is how players normally handle that rule. I didn't realize that sitting in a ball mark of any kind seems to be an embedded ball. I always thought it had to be up to the equator of the ball for some reason, and apparently I could have taken a lot more drops over the years than I realized!
I think the problem, from an optics standpoint, is the replay shows that the ball clearly did bounce and was therefore not likely to be plugged. I get it, the issue here is not really about whether the ball was in fact plugged, but how Reed handled it. Still, I think everyone watching is a little suspicious because they have made the conclusion the ball was not plugged (because of the bounce), combined of course with Reed's history and reputation. Reed apparently was told that the ball didn't bounce, but unfortunate for him that everyone at home saw otherwise.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote