View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
We've started our Christmas shopping a bit early this year and are having a little trouble trying to figure out what to get one of our nieces. I thought having a thread where people could bounce ideas off each other could be helpful (also I had no idea where else to put this question).

So I'll start. Our niece is 9 years old and she's the first one of the cousins to be getting to the age that we can't just get her toys now. She doesn't have a smart phone (and will not be getting one soon), but likes to listen to music and podcasts. Is there something we could get her that might fit this bill? All we can find is basically mp3 players, but that seems like there would be a lot of manual work getting music/podcasts on and off the device that her parents would have to do. Thoughts?
Start by talking w/ her parent(s)/siblings.

1. An option may be to get an older iPhone 5 or 6. Then they can stream or download as needed (obviously with parental guidance/limitations), plus it may then also allow other forms of communication and learning how to effectively manage their use of electronics. or this could be a gateway issue to all social media.. depends on the kid and family.
2. Another idea is to actually take the child shopping and let them pick out some stuff... but within a budget. It's a quality time together thing. At 9 they'll be interested in places like Miniso, Urban Planet, maybe H&M, Ardene. My kids actually like Goodwill too.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: