View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #135
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
All 20 people who placed MacKinnon 4th or 5th should have their credentials taken away.

I'd say the five who had him 5th should also be sent to the gulag, but I imagine they're already living there.
The thing is, one of those people is Greg Wyshinski, and he had one of the more reasonable ballots in the whole thing, with Panarin and Hellebuyck 1-2. I would disagree with him not having MacKinnon 3rd but it's still at least rationally thought out. Especially when you have a bunch of US beat writers who basically go to NHL.com's stats page and sort by points.

I mean, in Mark Spector's case, and cases like that, I agree with you - he clearly intentionally put MacKinnon 5th to deny him points so that Draisaitl was more likely to win. But there are plenty of other reasons to take Spector's credentials away before you get to that.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote