View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #75
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went down for the first two sessions. Came home for lunch and decided not to go back for the afternoon.

For the most part, the NHL guys looked good.

In the first group, Poirier has good speed; Klimchuk looked good and has a nice shot; Hathaway should be pushing for a spot on the opening night roster (nice to see him get a low number too). Pribyl looked decent until he got hurt. I'm not really sure what happened. They were doing a one-on-one drill with Gio and he fell down and had to get helped off. There wasn't any big contact that I saw that would have caused it.

In the second group, again, the NHL guys looked decent. Monahan's shot is so nice. He kept scoring on that shot where he puts it about a foot and a half off the ice, blocker side. Ferland scored a couple of pretty ones too. At one point, Mangiapane was doing a drill against Gaudreau and made a beautiful move to walk around him that got an appreciative "Ooooooo" from the crowd. Jankowski is basically the same size as Monahan now. He should be pushing for a spot. I was impressed by Wotherspoon. He looked motivated to make the opening 23. Phillips is so small. He's about the same height as Johnny, but he looks quite a bit smaller.

Lack's gear looks pretty sweet on the ice. Smith's is very dark. Schneider needs to get some Hitmen coloured gear.