View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #59
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
And for those with children who whine about the clock change, keep in mind that if we have permanent summer hours the sun rise in winter will be after 9. Your children will be walking to school in the dark during the winter.

We’ve managed to raise two kids (both with ADHD, who hate schedule changes) on twice a year time changes without a problem, switching an hour back and forth to get the best of both worlds at our latitude is not nearly the trauma some people make it out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I grew up in northern Alberta where that was the norm every winter and it makes about 0 difference. The time change is a completely unnecessary PITA with no benefit to me, I'd much rather have an extra hour after work with sunshine than get to work in the sun for an hour. Easy choice.
Sunrise will be well after 10am in Northern Alberta if the proposed change passes. As someone who also grew up in the Peace region that sucks, I guess I disagree with PaperBagger on it making zero difference. And you're not going to have any appreciable daylight after work in the winter anyhow. Sunset goes from 4:30 to 5:30 and most people are not home from work yet anyhow.

Put me down as one of those people who actually look forward to the time changes twice per year. I too have raised kids (and was once a kid) and it never made any difference to us. Kids changed the body clocks almost immediately.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post: