Thread: Headphone amp
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #18
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

GranteedEV, thanks for the breakdown in more laymans terms. What you said had been percolating and making sense but this further helped me understand. Thanks for taking the time to write that up.

I have noticed the sound coming out of the onboard is pretty solid. However, I don't have any volume control and I need a cable extension. Also, I like getting tech for the sake of tech so I'll likely ditch the onboard for one of the options discussed in this thread so far.

So I guess my final question is regarding the JDS's. I really like the look of those and they seem like they are what I'm looking for. Not buckwild expensive but still very serviceable. I don't think I have sensitive enough ears that I'd really notice the difference between the Atom's and something 2 or 3 times more expensive. But when I look at the Astro Gaming mixamp it seems to have 'settings' that the JDS's lack on it's right hand dial. While I get the overall gist of what you're saying I don't have enough knowledge of the finer details to fully understand them.

Basically, I want the JDS's and I'm looking for an excuse to get them, but would still be happy with the Astro amp.
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote