View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 10:05 AM   #93
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
How are you guys using ChatGPT? Is there an app?

#MillenialGoingOnBoomer
It's actually an interesting question. The field is so open, it can almost be overwhelming to ask how it's being used. I notice even on the ChatGPT subreddit it's still a lot of funny poems and screwing around. People get sorta stuck at what it can do because it can do so much.

I make websites, so it's been a god-send in dealing with clients who don't write enough (a very common problem). Can't blame them, writing is hard and most hate it. Problem is sites look great with the proper amount of writing, and terrible without it. With this I can plug whatever they give me into the chat and it spits back very serviceable content for an About Us page and even sometimes services pages (depending on how much they wrote initially).

I've also used it for meal planning as I usually do the cooking. I've done a few variations, but usually I just give it a few ingredients that I've got on-hand and ask for 5 unique meal ideas based off that. My wife has done the same to come up with lunches for the week.

I'm terrible at confrontation, and in my work sometimes I do have to send an email that stresses me out. You can describe the entire situation, why you need to be firm but also maintain the relationship, and it produces a response that is probably as good as I could do, but doesn't take an hour of massaging and word-swapping.

Finally, I love it for podcasts. I like listening to the Tim Ferriss podcast but sometimes his guests aren't great at dumbing things down for the slower kids in the class such as myself. Yes, you can Google "Explain Donald Hoffman's interface theory of perception," but with chat you can ask it to elaborate on certain ideas, or further explain some other side-detail. It becomes more conversational and driven by you, instead of leaving you at the whim of what Google can dig up.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post: