View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:50 AM   #9636
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I think that Minnesota is going to fade, and it's not a secret. They just lost Koivu for the season, and players have been called out. The owner isn't the sort who will be happy with possibly squeaking into the playoffs, so I think that would put Staal out there as trade bait.

They are also always on the hunt for cost control because of the Parise and Suter contracts, as well as others that have made them cost conscious. Getting back 2 rookie/2nd year players with upside would make them look, IMO.

Mangiapane is a prototypical rookie, showing the talent to stick, but learning the game. Czarnik showed more in Boston, and seems to just not be a perfect fit in Calgary for some reason. Do they hold a lot of value? Nope. Do they hold enough to get a mid 30s aged UFA? Yup.

If Minny traded Staal they would get at least a 2nd round pick plus, assuming that all the 1st round picks available for trade have gone for the Stones, Duchene’s etc.

Every team has lots of Mangiapane’s and Czarnik’s types. They wouldn’t be any more than throw ins in trades.

I doubt that Minny fades enough in the next short while to throw in the towel. And guys like Mangiapane and Czarnik certainly aren’t enough to entice them to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk