View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #128
Torchdemall
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Fair enough but if a player who isnt a great skater is valuable and puts up points, then the fact he isnt a great skater isnt that big a deal, not every player is a great skater. Pulijarvi is a better skater but seems to lack hockey sense, therefore the skating is somewhat negated. regardless i am sure that will come up in negotiations.

I'd argue its still one of the more important physical skills to have, especially since the speed of the game has never been faster.

It directly relates to your ability to reach the puck first, to maintain control when others are leaning and pushing on you, and most importantly for most coaches your ability to have a 200 foot game and get back defensively on a rush.

Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but he's got plenty of places to improve his game still, and his skating has always been one of his weaker points.

Also in my opinion, he's gonna be compared and paid in relation to this teams franchise player, not some other teams. I don't think Tre is the kind of guy who lets other GM's dictate his contacts, those teams are going to be unable to maintain their rosters in the coming years at the rate they are going.
Torchdemall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torchdemall For This Useful Post: