View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #43
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'll preface this by saying Ferland is one my favorite all time Flames and I was in on him as a player early, super early. Like watching Brandon Wheat Kings vs Hitmen games with my Uni buddies in 2012 specifically for him and getting excited about what kind of player he could be early. I get Treliving inquiring about him because he'd be a great add to our bottom 6 but I think it's unlikely because of the optics for the Hurricanes getting worked in the initial trade trading him back. If I'm their GM my asking price from the Flames is 30% higher than from other teams and if there's a half dozen interested parties that price is already pretty high. The second part is even if we get him I doubt we could, or mainly should, re-sign him. One of the best parts of BT's genius trade is that he was trading high on Ferland, coming off a year of good production with one year left before UFA. This was great because it netted us two great assets, but also because after this year the Flames would be faced with either losing him for nothing, or signing him to an exorbitant deal. Trading for him now brings that situation back somewhat, although this time we have Lindholm and Hanifin so slightly better.

I'd like him back for the right price but that price definitely isn't a first round pick.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote