View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 08:28 PM   #20
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Expansion "news" from the commissioner. From what I have heard the four cities / areas referenced are Fraser Valley, Saskatoon, Kitchener-Waterloo and Quebec. Really hoping Saskatoon happens soon as we need another doable road trip.

Quote:
You mentioned expansion, so where do we stand with new teams coming into the league?
We have over 20 different regions, cities, potential owner groups that are talking to us. Over time some fall off and time will distill those that are really serious. (But) there are four groups right now that we are really excited about; I’ll say the West Coast, the middle of the Prairies, in (Quebec) and Ontario-based. There are some very interesting plays at large there.

That’s one of those things where the sun, moon and the stars all have to align and then it can happen. That’s the optimist in me, and the glass is always half full in my world – it’s never half empty. I think we’ve got a nice run up to 2026 where we’ve always said if we can be between 14 and 16 teams … that’s very doable by 2026.
https://canpl.ca/article/qa-cpl-comm...-state-of-the-union

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: