View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #1608
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahuch View Post
I was looking at the Giant Revolt Advanced 2 yesterday at a bike shop, thinking that will be my new pathway bike this year but might not be exactly what you're looking for.
I went to my LBS yesterday and looked at the following rigs:

- Trek Checkpoint ALR5 - the bike is charcoal with red trim - i am generally not that keen on red
- Giant Revolt 2 - i really liked the frame because it has integrated down tube and chain stay protection, not sure about the beige with grey trim

Both bikes some with a shimano 105 grouppo.

Still like the pain scheme of the cube nuroad better. Also saw a devinci online that I kind of liked as it had some cool detail where the rear triangle met the seat tube. the only cube dealer in calgary is bow and lifesport handles devinci. Seeing as how i have no relationship with either shop, I would expect to pay close to retail which is hard when i get 15% off at my LBS.

i did see a rocky mountain altitude that took my breath away though. Full xtr build, shimano saint brakes, full carbon everything including cranks dark blue/tealish color paint scheme with orange trim on downtube, forks and rims - $7500.....there is no way i could pull this off and expect to maintain my marriage - is there?