View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
They are open in summer, too, milking the hell out of the foreign tourists. Which I'm cool with if it subsidizes winter! It just seems like it has gone up 15% a year for the past 5 years. I agree that when it is great, it's great. But there are also crap days.

I've done the snow check before when Glacier and the 6 pack were both broken, and the line was over an hour for the gondola. For that kind of money, it's pretty inexcusable. Sure, I got my ticket back, but it is still a few hours of driving, gas money, and half a day wasted.

I totally miss Fortress as well, that was great value. I don't need a fancy lodge, terrain parks, overpriced food etc. Just give me lifts that work. If they want to charge Whistler prices, they better provide Whistler services.
Whistlers isn't always great, either. I was there last December and it was the shats. Terrible conditions and most of the lifts weren't open.

Agree so much on everything you said about not needing a fancy lodge and terrain parks, though. An ATCO trailer for a lodge works for me and detachable high-speed quads are just fine, too. I don't even like gondolas, in fact. If I'm all bundled up for a cold day, I don't want to stuff myself in a box with seven of my closest strangers with everyone disrobing to cool down, only to dress back up at the top. I like chairs way more than gondolas.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: