View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #6
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Prices are getting out of hand. Even with a card discount it's still $100. For crappy lifts that may or may not break down. I get half price tickets and it is still dubious value, I'm not going to bother unless it's really looking good. I would imagine most families have been priced out of SS/LL.
Yeah, although I remember in the 90s my dad saying skiing has become a rich man's sport. I think it has always been expensive.

Overhead at these places is bananas and they can only be open half the year (if that), obviously, so it's no wonder they're expensive. IDK, I think it's totally worth it still. It makes winter something to look forward to and enjoy. The views are always spectacular and being there with your family is pretty much the best. It does suck it's so pricey, but I imagine hockey families put a lot of money into hockey and tournaments and stuff. For my family, our winter fun money goes 100% to snowboarding and we get a lot from it.

Too bad Fortress wasn't still open. That was awesome value and so close to home. Personally, I can't be bothered with Nakiska. It's the actual worst.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote