View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 08:00 PM   #922
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
1) I think this discussion should be moved to a different thread as it has literally nothing to do with Rittenhouse

2) I agree totally with your take here. Everyone acted stupidly and someone died because...

3) American gun culture is sick and all pervasive
Actually I think there is a good argument for a causal link. As you clearly demonstrate there are massive loopholes in the governments ability to create and nurture a civil society, by allowing citizens to literally gun each other down in the streets without any recourse or reprimand, then you create scenarios where people are emboldened and/or fearful to the point that more of these scenarios exist.

A civil society needs their government to protect people from this kind of harm, and look to correct the actions of those who create this kind of harm. the Rittenhouse decision pisses in the face of civility and opens the door to this kind of crap happening more often. Even if what he did was legal by the letter of the law anything short of the government immediately fixing those laws is basically cheerleading for more incidents like this to happen again, and again.

There are direct links between a mass shooting not effecting gun laws, and mass shootings increasing. Between acquitting killers of wrong doing, and more people killing people. Between support of vigilantism and the state losing it's monopoly on violence.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: