View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 08:34 PM   #894
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
There's probably three separate situations:

The first: Initial officer arrives on scene, Black man dying in the streets. Calls backup and medical, but otherwise is relatively nonchalant. Doesn't offer medical help to the still breathing Arbery but would later testify that he could not be distracted due to potential officer safety. Despite this he turns his back on the McMichaels within a minute of encountering them. This is probably the most clear case of some form of bias as he lets the McMichaels pace around including going to their vehicle. McMichael may or may not have identified himself as an officer but the officer, I do not believe, knew McMichael. I think at the very least if the suspects were Black we can reasonably assume they would be forced to sit, put up hands instead of just being asked if they had weapons, not be allowed to go back to truck (I believe it was only to close door but still).

The second: Many officers arrive on scene, including those who knew McMichael. This is probably closer to the blue shield in action.

The third: Not being charged despite the police alleging that they had enough cause due to pressure from Jackie Johnson. This is probably just having the right friends in the right places. Wouldn't put it passed them that they are friends because they a bunch of racist hicks though.
You're right. It's probably both.

They're not just corrupt. They're racist and corrupt.

####ers.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoLevi For This Useful Post: