View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #890
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
Okay, but you seemed to take issue with how the police handled this situation with your first post with the tweet. Perhaps I misunderstood. This is how they should have handled it had the McMichaels been Black or green.
No you are correct. It is my belief with the amount of racism in that country, and that part of the country, that a black man with blood on his hands after lynching a white man would not have been treated the same in that situation. If you disagree that's fine, but I have close to zero faith the situations would have been handled the same. Should they? Yes, that would be peachy. But I'm just being realistic. The black man would be in cuffs and hauled off. Or maybe shot at the scene. IMO of course.

Quote:
But given that the McMichael's had called 911, were cooperating, not trying to flee and posed no danger, the police handled it reasonably it appears. And again in handling it how they did they got convictions despite all the other corruption above them.
Or, they are white. One of 'them'. The video released by the murderers themselves did more to convict them in that case than the way they were treated by the cops like the one in the video.

And yes, I am very negative and pessimistic when it comes to cops and racism in that country. It will be very tough to change my mind that the cops did the right thing and everybody would have been treated the same, regardless of skin color. I just don't believe it. I appreciate the discussion, though, thanks.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post: