View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #881
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
I don't think it is helpful for people to view Rittenhouse as a hero. But that was going to be inevitable in today's media...er...dumpster fire.

But I would put the people who hero worship KR into the same overall milieu as those people who try to sanitize the actions of Rosenbaum, Huber, Grosskreutz (both on that night and in their past). Or the victim blamers who think that KR somehow "had it coming because why was he there?"

These are the people - many of which are in this thread -that are just grist for mill of the current media environment. And they don't realize it because they think their side of the milieu is righteous.
I actually don't entirely disagree with this. The media on both sides of the political spectrum has major problems right now, and their messages have real world consequences.

That being said, I hope what does come out of this is a rethinking of firearm laws in the areas where these tragedies occurred. If the deaths of these two people results in multiple other larger tragedies not happening later, there is a silver lining.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: