View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #45
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Well, Lurie got hooked on the hype.of Chip Kelly and it was the wrong situation for all basically from Day 1. He chose Kelly over Roseman then and Roseman was smart to hang around in the weeds because he knew Lurie would need him sooner than later to sort out all the turmoil that Chip caused.

So yeah, he has his ear for life.

Quinn should do ok in Dallas assuming he can keep JJ out of the.player ears. And, could step up as a HC if the JJ finally has enough of McCarthy.

Not a huge surprise NFL teams use search firms. Navigating the very tricky and sensitive Rooney rule is something they'd prefer to hand off to a third party so they keep the search at arm's length, at least to start.
This is the first time I’ve heard the Rooney rule called tricky. I think it’s pretty elementary and doesn’t require a search firm to navigate from what I can tell. And arguably it exposes you to more risk by not hiring their recommendation and having the decision maker involved from the beginning which is one of the few stipulations of the rule.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote