View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #114
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Saturday we saw The Dudes, Malkmus and The Hold Steady at Olympic Plaza. The plaza does not have any drains for the rain water. The Dudes sounded kind of mainstream for a festival like this.I really like Malkmus as a guitar player, but his songs meander too much for my liking. The Hold Steady were solid - too bad the rain had people running for cover.

It was a great festival - I tweeted at Sled that I can't wait 12 months for more, and that they should do a monthly showcase. The reply sounded like it is something they have been considering.

Big props to my sled buddy Windom - we made it almost to the end, and showed those young folks a thing or two.
Couple of things Troutman.

1) I knew I saw you at the Olympic Plaza show on Saturday. I probably should have dropped by to say hi, but it looked like you were having a decent time.

2) I've got to say, you're tweets during Sled Island put pretty much made many of my colleges who were attending look like chumps. The amount of shows and enthusiasm for the festival was amazing. Well played sir, well played.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to c.t.ner For This Useful Post: